- Rennell Sound Camping Area
- West Coast, Daajing Giids, BC V0T1S0, Canada
RV and Campsites
- [email protected]
The Rennell Sound area on the southern end of the Duu Guusd heritage site/conservancy is the only west coast area on Graham Island that is accessible by vehicle. The remote area can be accessed by travelling active logging roads, either 22km from Daajing Giids or 48km from Port Clements, down the QC Mainline. Then begins the 11km drive through the Rennell Pass including the Rennell Hill with its steep, 25% grade down into the Sound. Once at the bottom, there are two camping options:
- Rennell Sound Rec Site sport fishing, camping spots, outhouses (no potable water)
- Cone Head two campsites and an outhouse (no potable water)
Vehicle accessible camping is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Main camping season is March 15 Oct. 31. There are no reservations available. These are remote sites with no services, no internet and no cell phone coverage.
Some options in this area:
- The boat launch at Rennell Sound Rec site
- 5-Mile cobble beach
- The Riley Creek trail is a 10km return hike in the old-growth forest to a secluded beach. Please be aware of the tides.
- Conehead, Gregory Beach, and Bonanza Beach are great locations for hiking and beachcombing.
This area is subject to variable weather conditions, heavy rainfall, and landslide risk, particularly from September thru May. Be prepared for emergencies and road closures during weather events.
Discover more local businesses
You can find accommodations, activities and food and drink options for the whole archipelago in our business directories. Hone your search using the filters at the top of the page. Or click “Plan” to access maps, FAQs and need-to-know info for your trip!